Wednesday 19 August 2009

General stuff

Not a lot to report at the moment on my end really. Work has been very slow this week (this is Matt by the way), so i've been kind of bored. Tomorrow i've got a training thing 9am-3pm so I don't actually have to come into the office and I'll finish early which is nice. They're not providing lunch though, which is definitely a downside.

Finishing early will mean I can go for a run while it's still light outside, which is handy. A fairly steady 10/11kms I think, depending how I feel. I've got just over a week until the Lake Macquarie 10.5km race and i'm pretty well prepared I think. My goal is still 50:00 or less, but i'm realistic about my chances being fairly low. I'm definitely going to push myself for it though.

In Sarah's news, she's got an interview for a Paediatrics SRMO (Senior Resident Medical Officer) that would start in january. Getting a job in janaury would put her in line with the Australian clinical year, making things a lot easier overall. Not to mention that she's enjoyed her term doing paeds and is very interested in doing more. I'm sure she'll do really well. She was close to getting a paeds job before and now that she's done a paeds term she should get straight through.

In other news, Happy Birthday to Kevin/Dad, who is the big 50 today. Half a century. Probably still got to put up with him for the majority of another one, there's a thought!

No comments: